Who we are
Pickering Laboratories, Inc.
1280 Space Park Way
Mountain View, California 94043 USA
Table of Contents
3. Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
4. How We Use Your Data
5. Who We Share Your Data With
6. Where Your Data is Stored and Used
7. How Long We Retain Your Data
8. What Rights You Have Over Your Data
9. California Privacy Rights
11. How We Protect Personal Data
12. User ID and Password
13. Linking to Other Internet Sites
14. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
15. Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals
16. Revisit/Manage/Customize Cookie Consent and Approval
17. Data Breach Procedures and Notifications
18. Contact Information
Pickering Labs collects information online and by phone, fax and paper that enables us to identify or contact you so we may conduct and complete various business purposes, including but not limited to: creating a user account, requesting research articles and papers, joining our newsletter mail list, requesting information on our products and series, purchasing products or services, improving our websites, or otherwise interacting with the Pickering Labs.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data, such as names, addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, and telephone and cell phone numbers that are provided to us by our customers, vendors, and distributors.
- Financial information needed to complete sales transactions, such as check account information, credit and debit card numbers, etc. Data are not stored or maintained online – financial information is only stored in our accounting software on our server. After we transfer the information to Chase Bank for transaction processing, there is no online record of account information (https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/privacy-security).
- Personal Data from third parties utilized for Pickering Labs’ marketing, information requests, and sales of our products and services.
Pickering Labs does not collect or store social security numbers, national identification numbers or tax identification numbers for customer or visitors to our websites. We only collect Government issued ID numbers for vendors, independent contractors, employees and others whom we pay for products and services.
As you interact with our websites, Pickering Labs collects Non-Personal Data online that does not directly identify you. The types of Non-Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Website usage such as browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, pages visited, date/time stamp, time on website
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Internet protocol (IP) address
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data in a variety of ways such as:
- Contact you.
- Alert you about any potential changes or other news related to our company or products.
- Provide payment reminders, order confirmations, and shipping information.
- Fulfill and/or deliver Pickering Labs products and services.
- Provide requested information on products and services or to provide information on products and services that you may find valuable.
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information.
- Improve the performance and usability of our websites.
- Publish a directory of international and domestic distributors.
- Use your IP address to determine your country of origin. If you are an international visitor, we will use this information to redirect you to our list of suitable international distributors.
Non-Personal Data is used to improve the performance and usability of our websites and our blog.
We share your Personal and Non-Personal Data in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions such as data hosting services; web hosting services, email marketing and communication; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and tradeshow registration services.
- Share data with third parties if we believe it is reasonably necessary to do to detect and prevent fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect our personnel and property.
- If legally required, share data with designated authorities.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally.
- You can request to opt-out of our mail lists at any time or have your data changed or purged from our systems. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
- Your email address will be used only by Pickering Labs, our entities, or vendors offering products and service on our behalf. We may also share email address with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and to respond to your service requests.
We do not sell or rent our email lists.
- Pickering Labs has an onsite data server and our IT consultants, TeamLogicIT, host an offsite back-up of our server. Backup data is encrypted in transit and at rest and is retained for a period of up to 90 days. (https://www.teamlogicit.com/mountainviewca508/privacy-policy/).
- We use Google Drive to store our newsletter email list and Google Analytics to analyze traffic data on our websites (https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/#?modal_active=none).
- Salesforce helps Pickering Labs build and manage sales leads, customer lists, technical support issue resolutions and marketing strategies (https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/).
- Amazon lists and sells some of our products online (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_privacy?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468496).
- Adagio Accounting Software from Softrak supports the accounting processes and audit controls of Pickering Labs. Adagio data is stored and maintained on our onsite server (https://softrak.com/privacy/online-privacy-policy).
- We use AppRiver and Microsoft Outlook email programs. When you email Pickering Labs, it will be filtered and hosted by AppRiver. Local copies of email may exist on individual workstations in the form of cached data in Microsoft Outlook (https://www.appriver.com/privacy-policy/; https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement).
- Shipping Services: Pickering Labs uses UPS and UPS Quantum View software, FedEX and FedEX Express software, and DHL’s webpage to provide shipping services to our customers (https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page?; http://www.fedex.com/images/us/2011crimages/CPC/FedEx_Privacy_Notice.pdf; http://www.dhl.com/en/legal.html#privacy).
- Vertical Response is Pickering Labs’ email marketing and bulk communications platform (https://www.deluxe.com/policy/privacy-shield). We have implemented a double opt-in form process to make sure you receive the communications from us that you wish to receive. Email lists are stored online with Vertical Response. You always have the ability to opt-out or change your contact information. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
- Chase Bank is Pickering Labs’ sole payment processor. Pickering Labs does not keep online records of credit or debit card numbers or checking account information – we transfer this information to Chase Bank where they process and manage all financial information and transactions (https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/privacy-security). We do not collect or maintain credit card or checking account information online.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- IP addresses are collected and used to determine your country of origin. If you are an international visitor looking to purchase products online, our websites will automatically redirect you to a list of our international distributors.
- Our security software logs email and IP addresses of detected spammers. This information is used to block them from spamming our blog and forms.
The following describes some of the data types we collect and the length of time we retain that information:
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register or create an account on our websites, we will store your personal information in a user profile online and/or offline. You can review, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- All financial transaction information (credit card, checking, etc.) is processed and managed by Chase Bank (https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/privacy-security). Pickering Labs does not store or manage credit card or checking information online. After the sales transaction is transferred to Chase Bank for processing, there is no online record of account information.
- We keep paper copies of sales transactions for at least 5 years and up to 6 years before they are physically destroyed. These transactions may contain email addresses and phone numbers along with shipping and billing addresses.
- We keep electronic accounting records indefinitely for active accounts in our Adagio accounting software on our onsite server. Customer accounts can be inactivated and individual/personal data can be removed such as email addresses and phone numbers, which effectively keep the company’s transaction history but removes personal data. Invoices paid by credit or debit card may have electronic record of the account number stored in the individual transaction data. Credit card numbers are not maintained in customer accounts unless explicitly requested by customer.
- Our security software logs email and IP addresses of detected spammers. We keep this information indefinitely to block them from spamming our blog and forms.
- Pickering Labs’ onsite data server is backed up offsite by our IT consultants, TeamLogicIT, and backup data is retained for a period of up to 90 days.
You can review, edit, or delete your personal information at any time. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
If you register on pickeringlabs.com in order to leave blog post comments or to shop for our products and services online, we will store your personal information in a user profile where you can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except that you may not be able to change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Pickeringtestsolutions.com does not require a user profile for purchases and has no blog, so no online user registrations are needed. Online sales data is inputted, printed by the customer, and sent to Pickering Labs’ customer service via email.
If you have requested information, left comments, asked to be added to our mail list, or if you have created an account or user profile, you can request for Pickering Labs to provide a readout of your personal data, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete your personal data from our systems. This does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
CCPA also gives you the right to request what personal information is collected on you and how we use it. You can make this request without fear of retaliation.
The CCPA allows for a number of exemptions on how we can use your data, such as:
- We must comply with federal, state, or local laws
- We must cooperate with requests from legal and enforcement agencies
- We can use your information to defend legal claims
- We can collect, use, retain, or disclose consumer information that can’t be identified or is aggregated consumer information
Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Data of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under 18 are not allowed to open an account or purchase items on pickeringlabs.com or pickeringtestsolutions.com.
Pickering Labs uses reasonable security measures to help protect your personal data against unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee or warranty the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or to or from our online websites.
Pickering Labs secures your information during transmission with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. In addition, data is protected by log-in procedures. Back-ups and replications of data are encrypted and password protected. Our network is protected by a hardware based, stateful inspection firewall. Data protection is in place via endpoint protection software provided by a global, reputable security company. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
Please note that it is extremely important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Certain areas of our websites require a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps to protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, our websites have tools to help you log in and log out, and to change and edit your personal information.
Please be aware that we may provide links from our websites and email communications to third party websites such as our list of international distributors and partner vendors. These third party websites have their own set of privacy policies that may differ from ours. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of these linked sites, applications, or other digital platforms.
Please keep your personal data updated and correct. If you have an account or subscription to one of our websites or mail lists, you can review, update or delete your information directly on our website or by contacting us. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
Cookie settings can be controlled through your Internet browser. If you block our cookies, though, some features and functionality of our websites will not operate as expected.
Cookies Associated With Our Blog:
When you log in to our websites, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookies Associated With Our Website Software and Plugins
Cookies Associated With Our Online Shopping
Cookies Associated With Google Analytics
“Do Not Track” Signals
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and track your data, you may opt-out on your own by downloading Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can revisit/manage/customize your cookie approvals here: [wt_cli_manage_consent]
If Pickering Labs or our IT vendor detects a data security breach, we will:
- Notify the proper authorities
- Notify our IT management firm (TeamLogicIT)
- Determine next steps as per FTC/FBI guidelines based upon the type of data breached. Please note that:
- We do not collect personal information such as government IDs, date of birth, etc.
- We do not store or maintain online records of financial information (credit card numbers, checking accounts, etc.) and we do not collect this information online.
- Invoices paid by credit or debit card may have an electronic record of the account number stored in the individual transaction data within our Adagio accounting software on our onsite server.
- Where applicable, we will take steps to notify client(s) of data breached.
If you have questions, comments, or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us at: